So I have been a slacker lately with updating, but I do have a couple of excuses (although excuses aren't good excuses!). Since January we have been a little out of the loop of things. We moved from Montana to Idaho and it was a little chaotic for a couple of months, but now things are slowly feeling like normal again. I think the best way to update things is by picture, so here is what has happened over the last couple of months.
A couple of times we've played pirates...eventually we got the whole family in on the fun and we even searched for hidden treasure!
A set of our sheets had seen it's better days, so I tore the sheets into squares and the kids (dads included) used these to make their pirate hats. I used paper towel rolls to use for their telescopes. The hidden treasure at the end was a bag full of balloons the kids got to play with. It was all a little spur of the moment fun, but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.
Birthdays, birthdays, and more birthdays!
Emily's birthday was in February (sorry no pictures from her birthday... I didn't have my camera yet). Mike and I both have our birthdays in March. Aunt Katie also has her birthday in March.
I made a cherry cake for a joint birthday celebration for Mike and Katie. There birthdays are only one day apart, so we had one big celebration for both of them.
Tada! This is our new home. So far we really enjoy our new home. We have lots of plans in the future for it--like finishing the basement, some landscaping, painting, yada yada yada, but for now, we are enjoying homeownership again!
Whew! That was our last couple of months in a nutshell. Now for a couple more pictures I took yesterday that I couldn't pass not posting.
I don't know what happened to this picture, why it is sideways, but I'm running short on time and too lazy to fix it right now, but last night I went to check on the girls and Brooke wasn't in her bed. I looked at Emily's bed and there they both were cuddled up together in Emily's little toddler bed. Isn't that what makes it all worth it?
Yesterday the girls and I were going to run some errands with my sister Katie. She came to pick us up and while we were getting car seats switched around, Emily got herself ready! I had taken her pants off because she had just finished eating some yogurt and got some on her pants. Emily didn't want to be left behind. I told her she had to get some pants and shoes on before she could go. She got a hat and Brooke's flip-flop sandals and was ready to go! You can't really tell from the picture, but it is snowing outside! "Bye mom, I ready to go!"
We are planning a trip to West Yellowstone, MT, this weekend. My sisters and their families will be coming, but right now it is snowing and I don't know if we'll be able to go today or not! I hope we can go, it was going to be a fun weekend!



7 comments:
How fun! I am so glad you guys made it into your new home! That is so exciting! Your girls are adorable! I love the picture of them sleeping together!
It would be sooo fun to live closer to my sisters. I bet you are enjoying seeing them more frequently. The pic of your girls in bed is so precious. It definitley makes it worth while.
You guys look like you're having fun been close to the fam!! I love the pirate thing.
Brooke looks the same, just bigger. Emily is so big! And blonde!!! I'm glad you're getting settled...happy late birthday! So, which house did you go with...the dream house? It looks awesome! Tell Mike hi!
Emily looks like a whole different kid. Man, she has grown. I love the house (at least what I can see) and the whole pirate party (great idea). Take care!
I am happy that you guys are settling in to your new home...we will definately come up for a visit soon! I hope your birthday was not too much drudgery unpacking all the boxes! When you come down or I come up, lets have a girls day out to lunch to treat ourselves...we deserve that once in a while...so let's do it!!! Talk soon...
Looks as though you have been WAY too busy! Maybe we should add to your busy-ness and come see you all some time soon.
Love the picture of the girls snuggled up together in Emily's bed.
So good to have Mike for a short visit. Hope to see you all soon.
Post a Comment