Brooke stated taking swimming lessons this week. She has one more week to go. I am thoroughly impressed by how well she is doing. At the beginning of the week, she wouldn't let go of the wall, let alone put her face in the water. Now, her instructor keeps telling her to go back to the wall (she tends to go bobbing around, wherever she wants). She also will go completely under the water on her own, without plugging her nose! I can't wait to see what more she will be willing to try and learn this week!
We also got our garden plot put in earlier this summer and finally got some veggies planted. We were a little late getting it in, but what we did put in seems to be doing well. My mom and dad gave us some rasberry and strawberry plants, and they have already produced this year! Emily is our garden theif. As soon as she figured out that berries were growing out there, anytime she is outside, she goes straight to the garden and looks for new berries. If she can't find any ripe ones, she will pick the green ones. When the green berries are all gone, she walks through the rows and holds her hands up and says, "Go?" (where did they go). It is really cute. She also thinks my tomatoes are apples. The tomatoes are green right now, but she points to the tomatoes and says, "apple, apple." She has picked a few of them, too. One day she piced a tomato and took a bite out of it! I'm sure she got a surprise, because it definitely wasn't an apple, and it was a green tomato at that, too! I'll have to get a picture of Emily in the garden and post it soon! The girls love running up and down the rows of corn saying, "A monster, a monster's getting us!"



4 comments:
How cute is that!? I sure miss you guys and am sad I don't get to see your cute little girls growing up! I hope you are well! Take pictures of that garden of yours will you? I'd love to see it!
How fun! I bet Brooke is loving swimming now. Brielle has been a grazing fool with Papa too! The best eats are the fresh ones. :)
you know, I did think you fell off the face of the earth! but i've not exactly been super at keeping in touch either. its been a wild summer. kids...craziness...and more kids! between play dates and vacation i'm pooped. nate's had some crazy stuff going on and then there's the never ending home repairs...i'd love to see you sometime. we'll have to talk!
I am needing an update here! :)
Post a Comment