So the girls and I made a quick trip to Idaho for the weekend. We left Thursday and got back yesterday afternoon. It was a fun trip, but it is always nice to be home. My mom had surgery on her hand and my younger sister, Katie, had a her second baby girl, so it was nice to go visit the new addition and to help my mom out (if I helped any).
While I was there, I made 36 pints of applesauce, too! After finishing off the first box of apples and 1/3 of the way through the second box, I told my mom, "I'm done." That was enough for me for one day. The night before, I had a long night with Emily. I think she is getting her two-year molars. She gets a fever and doesn't feel very well when she teeths. So, of course, I didn't plan on her teething while we were gone, so I had no meds with me or anything of the sort. My dear brother and his wife were kind enough to run into town to get a few things for me, while my mom ran to a neighbor's house toget a thermometer (somehow, she had gotten rid of all of hers). After we got some motrin into Emily, she felt a lot better. Through the night, however, her fever returned and she didn't sleep well. She only would sleep ON me, and for everyone who has ever had a kid sleep on them, you know neither of you sleep well. But, by the next afternoon, she was feeling well, and still no teeth have poked through. Yipee! We get to go through this again!
On Sunday, we had a birthday party for Jill's husband, Josh. We had dinner, cake and ice cream, and then carved pumpkins from Grandpa's garden. It was a lot of fun.
But, all in all, it was a good visit. I didn't take a camera with me, so when I get pics back from my sisters, I'll post some pictures of the trip! Happy Fall, y'all (if Mr. Winter doesn't come early)!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Visit to Grandpa & Grandma's House...
Posted by Mike and Jenn at 9:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm so sad that we missed you, because Jake and I are going to Idaho on Thursday morning. (We're going to go pick grandma and grandpa's brains about family history, until Saturday afternoon...and visit a few people. I am glad you had a good time. I wish I could have been able to visit with you. (Maybe another day soon, ey?) Love ya!
It was a good visit! Hope you guys are recovering well...if you know what I mean. ;-)
Hi Jenn...it was good to talk to you the other day...How is Brooke feeling? I feel so bad for her...the more I think about it the more I sympathize...I have Eli in big boy unders today...I know its time, but I hate this phase!!! I wish I could leave him with my mom for a few days and come back to a big boy! Nice dreaming huh? Keep in touch...Julie
Post a Comment