Monday, December 15, 2008

Eight Years, Eight Moves

Yep, that's right, Mike and I are moving..again! We have been married eight years and this will be our eighth move. We are kind of tired of moving, but this move is kind of our own doing. Mike is a civil engineer for the USDA-NRCS (if anyone really wants to know what the acronym stands for, let me know). :0) He gets transferred to different places every so often. But this transfer is one we put in for. We are heading to Rexburg, Idaho! It is kind of a bittersweet move (more sweet than bitter for me, though). We love, love, love Montana and the great people here, so we are sad to be leaving them, but in the same breath, we've missed being close to family, too. So, we are going to give it a whirl and see what it's like being close to family.

We've been super busy...the only reason I'm writing right now is because both monkeys are actually asleep at the same time and I have 1/2 hour before a realtor comes. I thought I'd take a minute to let everyone know where we're heading and why I probably won't be writing for some time! Until then, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

6 comments:

:) said...

How exciting! I don't know if I could live that close to my parents but it might be fun to try. Being a little closer to family would be great. Right now it is a 16 hour drive. Ugh! Good luck with the move and Merry Christmas!

danette said...

You are lucky you are moving close to your family as my family is moving away from me.

Tiffany said...

That is awesome! I am sure your parents are elated! Good luck with the move and have a Merry Christmas!

The Shill Spill said...

Woooooo Hooooooooooo! A whole 4 hours closer! I CAN'T wait!

Julie Pitcher said...

I am glad for you to be close to family. Its been nice to live by family for us...but in the same breath, we find ourselves longing for the aloneness of Miles City again. It was good for us...and I do miss that dependancy that being far from home brings.

How was Christms? Did you make the nice list? Drop me a note sometime..

Anonymous said...

Jenn...how was the move? When you get a chance give me a call. I am sure your parents LOVE having the grandkids around! Tell your folks HI for me!