Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pep Talk...

So, when Brooke was going through her TERRIBLE two's, I used to call Mike daily for a "pep talk." Seriously, I would call him and say I needed a pep talk to get through the rest of the day. If he wasn't available, I'd usually call a sister. I haven't had to call and get a pep talk for a long time, but today was another story...to be honest, though, it wasn't so much for a pep talk as it was to inform Mike of why his house was going to look like a hurricane hit it (well maybe two little hurricanes named Brooke and Emily).

Over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, Mike and I went down to my parents' house to visit. While we were there, we had family pictures taken (of all my siblings, their kids, etc). So, this morning I was talking to one of my sisters on the phone, while looking at the pictures online. We were discussing which pictures we liked and what not. Well, it was awfully quiet in my house, so I checked on the girls, and they had spilled Honey Nut Cheerios all over the living room floor...not such a big deal, but the cereal dust from the bottom of the box was all over, too. I asked the girls to help clean it up. Mike had let Ginger (our dog) in last night because it was freezing last night. Well, we hadn't taken her water bowl off of the kitchen floor, yet, and Emily decided Ginger needed some of the Cheerios. I told her not to put Cheerios in the water, so she reached in and took the Cheerios out and popped them into her mouth! Yuck!

We finally got all the cereal cleaned up and I called my other sister to talk to her. While talking to her, the girls went downstairs to play. They were playing so nicely, or so I thought. I went down to see what all the giggling was about and found them both in the bathroom with the door shut. Not a good sign, I know. I open the door and a nice fragrance hits me before I realize that my two Costco sized bottles of shampoo and conditioner, plus another bottle of shampoo and a bottle of baby body wash is all over the bathroom rug, Emily's hair and clothes, Brooke's hair and clothes, and wherever else! Brooke was going potty at the time,too. When I walked in she said, "I'm a big girl now because I can wash my hair by myself!" Nice.

After I get that cleaned up, I went upstairs to e-mail my mom and let her know what I want for pictures. Emily started crying, so I went downstairs and found she was tied to the window shade and couldn't move. Her sweet sister tied the shade cord to Emily's back belt loop and Emily couldn't go anywhere! I had to laugh a little, but then explain to Brooke that Emily could get the cord wrapper around her neck or something, and so she was NOT to do this again.

About this time, I called Mike and told him I was ready for my pep talk. He said, "Already? It's not even noon, yet." I said, "Exactly."

The rest of the day was a little better, but I pretty much spent it cleaning my house. We'll see what my little hurricanes come up with tomorrow!

7 comments:

Amy, Mike and our Girls said...

Wow! Sounds I lot like my day!!! Hang in there, everyone says that anyway but just how does one do it!! Miss ya! We will have to chat tomorrow.

The Wynn Family said...

Hee Hee I can't tell you how good that makes me feel to know that someone else has days like that. Keep up being such a great mom!

kimberly said...

Don't you love days like this! :-) Ever since Ethan can climb the pantry (and open locks) we have had our own version of the cheerios on the floor at least once a week...thank goodness for the vacuum! (And Lily who eats most of the cereal first!) lol! He says that he is "feeding baby." How helpful...

danette said...

don't you just love it. Well at least after the fact when you can sit back and laugh.

Julie Pitcher said...

hee hee hee! I can't ask Nate for pep talks or he'll never consider having another one! My goal was to make Eli 'nice' enough to have another but my dad informed me that Eli will be 18 before I am free of that worry...very reassuring!

So what's the latest with you all?
Need an address so if I ever send cards...

The Shill Spill said...

Wow! Sounds like lots of fun! Pretty sure I am not, or at least WAS not in your shoes that day. :) Sorry to hear you had such a 'fun' day. You can always call me if you can't get a hold of anyone. :) I know what it's like to have my oldest pour out all the formula on the flooor at a real young age. I also know what it's like to have a younger child antagonize (sp?) a younger one. :) Good luck. I hope the last few days have been better.

MH said...

Okay that is funny!! You're moving to Rexburg, I'm excited I could use another friend!! So when is the big move?