In mid-August we had a family reunion at a place called Meadow Lake. It was a really pretty lake, that was stocked with fish...so it was perfect for kids to go fishing. We ended up leaving early, though, due to cold and rainy weather.

Mike and Uncle Marc manning the boat with six kids aboard!

Aunt Jill had a fun craft project for the kids...painting little star ornaments!
This summer I've done a little bit of canning....more than I had the opportunity to do in Montana. My parents' garden was plentiful (as always!) so we helped with the harvest.

My mom and I spent a day making/canning applesauce. MMMMM! The best applesauce is after it is freshly made and still warm....Brooke is sampling some. We did the canning outside to keep the heat and the mess outdoors.

Finished product (times about 24)! I also helped a friend can some applesauce later and we did another 30 jars!
Brooke has been counting down the days until she goes to school for nearly a year! Finally the day has come!

Brooke loves school. She wakes herself up nearly every morning and is excited to go to school and she has a smile on her face every time she gets off the bus!
On Labor Day, we went to the Eastern Idaho State Fair. We joined forces with my parents and sisters and their families.
Emily loves horses and they had lots of horses to see...BIG ones and little ones and all in between!

Brooke watching the sheep judging. Do I need to remind you that the fair is a high light for Brooke every year?

To Brooke: Fair= Pigs + Ferris wheel ride

This was Emily's first year to ride the rides at the fair. At first she cried after every ride was over because she wanted to go again. Eventually she figured out she could go on another ride (until tickets ran out)! But by then, she'd had her fill of rides and quickly fell asleep! (Emily is on the left in this picture and her cousin Brielle is on the right)
Well that about sums us up for the end of the summer. Hope everyone enjoys their Fall!
5 comments:
Good Post! I'm updating mine now too. Seem us sisters are on the same page as far as blogging goes. :o)
What a fun end of summer. I am bummed that we never got down to see you. Seems like weekends that I thought about it we had family stuff going on...but have no fear we will figure out something!
Okay, she is much more brave than I am. I have been on a Ferris Wheel just once in my life and I will never go again. Scary!!!
Looks like you had a fun summer. Is Brooke in 1st grade?
I love fairs! So fun! Looks like Brooke fairs a little beter with school than Jake. (Even though he likes it, he wouldn't mind if he could stay home more often than not.) Sounds like a great summer!
Post a Comment