Wednesday, August 12, 2009

House Guests...

Mike and I had the privilege of housing two Taiwan dancers during the International Folk Dance Festival here in Rexburg. We had two twelve-year-old dancers, Ivy and Tina (their western names). I LOVED having them...and I miss them terribly. I got to be their host mom for 10 days and I enjoyed every minute of it, even the late, late, late nights. When they left, Ivy and Tina cried and I was so sad to see them leave...I felt (and still do) like something was missing. I told them to check my blog to keep updated, and I really hope they do...so if you are reading this...I miss you guys and hope you had fun in Disneyland!

Here are some pictures of their time with us.
Opening Ceremonies
Mesa Falls--Ivy is standing by me and Tina is next to her.
Street Festival--There is a parade where the dancers perform down the street. Then countries perform a dance or two. Then it turns into an open street dance...it was cold this night...while the girls were dancing it started to hail and rain and it was super windy, too.
Trip to McDonalds...
After their big performance in the Hart Auditorium/Gymnasium on BYU-I campus. Ivy and Tina are in the red costumes.

At the end of the week we had a team party and this was a picture of Ivy on my right and Tina on my left. Love you guys!




5 comments:

Dalling Family said...

Ahh Jenn. That looks like a ton of fun. I was really wishing that I was here during the festival. It was always so fun to see - I bet even more so to experience. :o)

Tiffany said...

That is so great! I bet that is an experience you or the girls will never forget.

kimberly said...

What an experience to have them! I'll bet your girls loved having some big sisters for a week!

Julie Pitcher said...

hey there stranger! looks like all is busy and well in your area! that looks like fun, i bet you guys have so many neat opportunities living there. your girls are lucky! josh yates gets home next week, are you guys heading that way? i'd love to see you! i don't know if we are, but i could maybe twist an arm or two!!!

Anonymous said...

How were you able to do that? It sounds like such a great opportunity to learn from them as they learn about our culture...good for you! It sounds like you had a GREAT summer! I'll call you when the baby is born...any day!