Emily is a climber! She climbs on everything she can possibly get her hands onto. She even climbs onto our bay window, which is about chest high to her. The obvious things she climbs onto are the kitchen table and chairs, the coffee table, kitchen drawers, and now she is climbing onto the computer table using a Rubbermaid tote! AGHHH! I know, I know, this is normal for this age, but I didn't get this wonderful experience with Brooke. Brooke never did much climbing. She just ran everywhere. All day long I have been pulling Emily off of the table, or the window seal by the table (which is only about 4 inches wide and how she manages to stay on it without falling off is beyond me), the computer desk, chairs, and so on. How am I suppose to get anything done?
Brooke has been fighting a cold and cough for the last few days which has made her a little irritable. She has yet to slow down, though, for a sickness. Run, run, run all day long! I wish I had her energy, then maybe I could keep up! She loves to play outside with Ginger (or yellow lab). I don't know if I should let her play outside, with her cold, but she needs to let some energy out, so I let her go out for a bit this morning, and we'll probably go for a walk later on today. It is suppose to be in the 60's on Saturday and hit the 70's on Sunday. I can't wait!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
My little monkey...
Posted by Mike and Jenn at 2:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Aren't little monkeys great. I have one myself. And no, they don't slow down. Adam still seems to think the higher he can get the better. Until he gets himself into a sticky situation and calls out "tuck, tuck" (stuck), or his latest is to get this sheer look of panic on his face and then holler. :) Enjoy the ride, one day you will look at Emily and wish you were pulling her out of the window again.
I have one too...although, he likes to find buckes, stools, or whatever he can get his hands on and put it at the end of Jake's bad and climb up onto it so he can jump. :) (Darn those jumping monkeys!) He also thinks he's big, because he'll climb up onto the desk chair, sit down, and start typing and clicking away.) Hmmm...wonder if he sees what I do during the day? :)
I had a member of our Stake Presidency once tell me (after attending a 'normal' ward conference primary sharing time) that "Heavenly Father gave energy to all the wrong people." Go figure, ey?! If only we had half their energy, right? :)
Post a Comment