Back in mid-June, we took a very LONG OVERDUE trip to Colorado. We stopped at my brother Jaren's house for a couple of days to visit and then headed to Mike's family reunion.
The girls, Ashley (Mike's grand-niece), Emily, Brooke, Coral (Jaren's youngest girl) looking at otters swimming at the Denver Zoo.
Family picture in front of the gates at the Denver Zoo.
Mike's Aunt Josephine. I loved this picture of Brooke and Aunt Jo together. It was great seeing Mike's family again.
We went to an aquatic center while at the reunion. The girls and Mike had lots of fun playing in the water!
While we were in Alamosa, CO (where Mike's family lives) we helped re-shingle part of Mike's parents' home.

A small river runs at the bottom of the dunes, making for a grand time for the girls. They loved to play in the water and the mud.
Here is a great shot of the dunes up close. I can't remember how high the tallest dune was, but it was huge! If you look closely you can see little specks of people climbing to the top. Mike, Jamie, and I decided we would try to tackle this beast as well.
After 2 1/2 hours of battling hot, hot, HOT sand uphill, we finally made it. We only had flip-flop sandals on our feet and the sand burned our feet (the tourist center said the sand could get up to 140 degrees), so we'd have to climb for a bit, and then dig down to the cooler sand to let our feet cool off. It wasn't so fun at times, but made for a great adventure and fond memories!
Mike helping the girls build a sand castle and then built a canal to fill the mote around the castle. Hmmm, who's the water engineer? The kids had a lot of fun and some boy ended up joining the fun as well.
Mike's dad celebrated his birthday while we were visiting. Since Brooke's birthday was only a week away, she joined in the celebration, too!
Emily, Brooke, and Jamie (cousin) having fun while we travel to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve.
Checking out the dunes and info at the tourist center.



2 comments:
Yay! Happy Birthday to Brooke! Looks like you guys had a great trip to Colorado and fun July!
~Kim
I cannot believe how big your girls are! I loved the all the pictures! So fun that you got to host those young foreign girls. I bet that was a blast. You have such beautiful girls! I hope we get to see you some time soon! I sure miss you!(Sorry about 4th of July weekend.)
Post a Comment