Saturday, August 1, 2009

July Happenings...

The month of July progressively got busier as the month went by. I couldn't post everything we've done, nor do I even want to try, so here's our month in a nutshell.


Brooke turned 5-years-old! She was super excited for her birthday this year. And who would have thought my little loves-pigs (and continally asks for one)-farms-dogs-cows-any kind of animal- girl would ask for a princess party?

We did a split birthday part between Brooke and her cousin Adam. Mmm, licking off the candles...the best part of blowing out the candles!


For the Fourth of July weekend, Mike and Josh (Jill's husband) planned a trip to Driggs/Victor, ID, to see the hot air balloon race/launch (and wouldn't you know I forgot my camera that morning!). After the launches, we went to the parade in Victor.

Brooke started soccer this summer. This picture isn't the greatest, and it is kind of deceiving. Brooke doesn't quite get the concept of soccer, yet. She just knows you are suppose to kick the ball, but she doesn't know which direction or where to kick, she just kicks! But it was still fun to go to her games. She has only one game left!

Brooke has also been taking swimming lessons. This picture is of safety day, when they were wearing life jackets. She is pulling her cousin Adam through the water...Brooke told me they were pretending to be a train.


Brooke finally decided she COULD ride a bike! Mike and I have tried to work with her a little bit and have tried to convince her that she could do it. So yesterday we went for a walk and she just took off!
Just a shout of thanks out to those who helped me with the girls the last couple of weeks...I couldn't have made it to everything without your help!


Check out the following post for pictures from our trip to Colorado in June.

5 comments:

Amy, Mike and our Girls said...

Wow. Looks like fun, fun times. We are looking forward to working something out to spend some time with you soon. We miss you. Taylor and Jane are sitting here looking at the pictures with me. Just 2 days ago Taylor asked to play with Brooke...we are overdue for a visit!

Dalling Family said...

Looks like fun! Sure miss you guys. Take care and we will see you in a few weeks!

Julie Pitcher said...

hey there..long time! can't beleive how big the girls are. we should probably teach avery to ride her bike...what's the rush huh? we just finished trek...it was the most fabulous experience! bonnet and all!

Jessica said...

Hey Jenn it is me, Jess Chase, from college, I saw your name on tiff's blog and decided to blog stalk you and see what was up. It looks like you have a sweet little family now, where are you living at?

Cheryl Winkel said...

Hey, Jen. This is your cousin, Cheryl. I got your blog address off of Rachel's blog and I got Rachel's blog from my mom who got it from my sister, Annette. It's taken a lot for me to get to you and I'm so happy to connect with you this way. Your month looks like it was way busy but fun. We have a hot air balloon festival here in Texas and it should be starting soon. They are so much fun to watch.