Thursday, May 1, 2008

A minute or two...

I seem to finally have a semi-quiet minute or two. Brooke has a couple of friends over and they are playing (in the bathroom--so it can't be good, but for now they are playing nice together). So, while I have a minute, I thought I'd jump on the computer and write for a minute.

A couple of nights ago, Mike and I woke up about 2:45 a.m. to a scream and crying. We raced downstairs to find Brooke in the bathroom with blood running down her face, on her clothes, the toilet, and the floor. She got up to use the bathroom and somehow slipped and hit her head on the corner of the bathroom counter. She got a good cut on her eyebrow. We don't know if she fell asleep, or if she just lost her balance and fell. But, she's tough and is about healed up now. The funny thing was, she had to have a bandaid for each eye brow. One for the cut and one because the other eye wanted one, too. She looked quite the sight the next day when we went out shopping, needless to say, we did get a lot of strange looks!

Emily is still our little monkey. She loves to climb on anything and everything and she loves to eat "nanas" or bananas. Her latest accomplishment is dancing. Anytime she hears music, she will step back and forth and dance. I will try to get it on video and post it sometime soon, it really is cute to watch (along with her cheesy smile she gives while dancing).

I'm ready for the weather to turn warm and stay warm. We had a warm turn for a bit, and then it snowed more in a couple of days than it had all winter! But it is slowly, slowly starting to warm up again. It will be nice so we can be outdoors instead of being cooped up all day--let the girls get rid of some energy!

Well, I better go check on the kiddos--too quiet right now and that is not a good thing. :0)

2 comments:

Dalling Family said...

Glad that Brooke is doing well. We are wishing for nice weather too...Brielle get sick of playing in our front room and kitchen. Miss you!

The Shill Spill said...

It's about time Jenn! :) Hope Brooke is okay! I want to see a picture of Brooke with two bandaids on her face. :) That's too funny! (What a funny visual.) :) It sure was good to talk with you the other day. Hope you are well. See ya later.
Hey, I'm going to Idaho on May 15th. Want to meet me there? :)